- Satisfaction with most tested aspects of the appraiser’s work is low.
- The typical respondent planned to remain an appraiser for 12.2years, but some were planning to leave sooner.
- Regulation and compensation are the highest ranked reasons for leaving among the minority of respondents who are unlikely to stay in the field for another 5 years.
- Few appraisers currently train newcomers to the field, though mosthave done training in the past.
- Over one-third of current trainers do so for no compensation.
- Appraisal compensation appears responsive to the increased demands of short turn-around and unique properties.
via National Association of Realtors